- Will Brent Sembler thwart John Thrasher’s FSU ambitions?
- Gov. Scott promises new tax cuts for 2nd term
- About those Nan Rich voters…
- Florida PBA stands with Gwen Graham in Florida’s Second Congressional District
- It’s official: Jay Fant beats Paul Renner in HD 15 by two votes
- John Morgan goes “unplugged” with NSFW rant at post-debate rally for medical marijuana
La Gaceta takedowns the Tampa Trib editorial board for endorsing anti-choice Amendment 6
It’s unfortunate that there is not an online version of Patrick Manteiga’s La Gaceta to link to, because Manteiga’s takedown of the Tampa Tribune‘s editorial board’s endorsement of Amendment 6 deserves every page view it would receive.
With apologies to Manteiga, here is his screed:
The all-male editorial board of the valued at less-than-$10 million Tampa Tribune urges a “yes” vote on Amendment 6, which would put a prohibition on the public funding of abortions in the Florida Constitution and creates an exception to the State Constitution’s guaranteed right to privacy when it comes to a female’s health care decision regarding abortion.
The call-it-a-bargain Tribune calls it, “modest restraints.” So when are they going to advertise chasity belts on their editorial page? “She walks like a woman, but talks like a man,” would be the Kinks’ way to describe Moter Trib’s endorsement of “modest restraints.”
The Orlando Sentinel, Miami Herald, Palm Beach Post, Gainesville Sun, Tampa Bay Times and La Gaceta strongly disagree with the Tampa Tribune. In fact, we couldn’t find a major Florida newspaper that concurs with the discounted Tribune.
… Women still have a choice in Florida. The should let the Tribune’s new owners know that their choice doesn’t only extend to their bodies, but also to their reading material.