- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for July 25-28
- Breaking: Associated Industries of Florida says it really likes Rick Scott!
- After railing against super PACs, Obama embraces secretive elements of unlimited political fundraising
- Obama aides says impeachment threat taken seriously
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly making it clear he is not endorsing Peter Nehr in county commission race
- 100 days before election, Charlie Crist to hold “Weekend of Action”
National Democrats cancel final ad buy for congressional candidate Keith Fitzgerald
National Democrats have pulled the plug on the fourth and final ad buy for congressional candidate Keith Fitzgerald. This is the fourth consecutive week the DCCC has cancelled airtime in CD 16, totaling over $1.7 million.
The move comes a week after a new independent poll shows U.S. Rep. Vern Buchanan with a 17-point advantage over his opponent less than 30 days before the election. The Rothenberg Political Report also moved CD 16 race into the Republican “favored” category.
Hotline reported this morning that the DCCC pulled $612,470 from CD 16 for Oct. 30-Nov. 6. Last week, the national Democrats withdrew $502,520 for Oct. 23-29.
The ads were originally scheduled to run in the Sarasota and Tampa media markets.