- Declining median incomes becomes anti-Rick Scott talking point for Fla. Dems
- Astronauts getting 3-D printer at space station
- A round-up of Sunday editorials from Florida’s leading newspapers
- Oystermen fear closing of Apalachicola Bay
- Martin O’Malley joins Charlie Crist on the stump Sunday in Davie
- It’s official, red light cameras in St. Pete are coming down
National Democrats cancel final ad buy for congressional candidate Keith Fitzgerald
National Democrats have pulled the plug on the fourth and final ad buy for congressional candidate Keith Fitzgerald. This is the fourth consecutive week the DCCC has cancelled airtime in CD 16, totaling over $1.7 million.
The move comes a week after a new independent poll shows U.S. Rep. Vern Buchanan with a 17-point advantage over his opponent less than 30 days before the election. The Rothenberg Political Report also moved CD 16 race into the Republican “favored” category.
Hotline reported this morning that the DCCC pulled $612,470 from CD 16 for Oct. 30-Nov. 6. Last week, the national Democrats withdrew $502,520 for Oct. 23-29.
The ads were originally scheduled to run in the Sarasota and Tampa media markets.