- With some Tampa Bay’ers breaking ranks, Eric Eisnaugle has all but locked up Speaker’s race
- George Sheldon accepts Pam Bondi debate challenge, then raises her
- Legislative committee schedule released
- St. Pete Chamber of Commerce announces “Good ‘Burgers” — and it has nothing to do with food
- Palace intrigue: Lame Duck Adam Hollingsworth desperately seeking an exit strategy
- School Boards Association very concerned about Lee County’s vote to abandon standardized testing
Finance reports reveal just how seriously John Mica took Sandy Adams
Prodigious fundraiser John Mica spent $726,000 from late July until the end of September (and more than $2 million total this cycle), much of it in the days right before the Aug. 14 faceoff against freshman Sandy Adams.
That leaves Mica’s pile of cash at $339,000 as of Oct. 1, well short of the $815,000 he was sitting on just a couple weeks before his win over Adams – preferable of course to sitting on money after a loss.
Mica raised about $250,000 in the two months since his July 25 report, about 75 percent of which came from PACs. Those PACs included checks from the Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers ($1,000) to the FAA Managers Association ($2,500) to Old Dominion Freight Line ($1,000).
Via Adam Snider and Burgess Everett of Morning Transportation.