- Not in my backyard: US sending dirty coal abroad
- ‘Avengers’ unleash ‘Ultron’ footage at Comic-Con
- After air ball during congressional committee, Curt Clawson renews his “three-point challenge” to Obama
- Pregnant Florida woman killed by accidental shooting while admiring gun collection
- Tampa Tribune endorses Charlie Crist in Democratic primary
- Author: Fort Caroline was likely in Georgia
Finance reports reveal just how seriously John Mica took Sandy Adams
Prodigious fundraiser John Mica spent $726,000 from late July until the end of September (and more than $2 million total this cycle), much of it in the days right before the Aug. 14 faceoff against freshman Sandy Adams.
That leaves Mica’s pile of cash at $339,000 as of Oct. 1, well short of the $815,000 he was sitting on just a couple weeks before his win over Adams – preferable of course to sitting on money after a loss.
Mica raised about $250,000 in the two months since his July 25 report, about 75 percent of which came from PACs. Those PACs included checks from the Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers ($1,000) to the FAA Managers Association ($2,500) to Old Dominion Freight Line ($1,000).
Via Adam Snider and Burgess Everett of Morning Transportation.