- No DC gridlock for gay marriage, legal marijuana
- Mayor Kriseman to focus on budding Warehouse Arts District during 3-day urban planning consortium
- Ross Spano takes 13-point lead over Donna Lee Fore in House District 59
- Costa Farms challenges Charlotte’s Web rules; DOH Secretary asks about compassion
- Campaigns set to begin final drive, absentee and early voting changes calendar
- Guess which poll is missing from Marc Caputo’s unscrewing of the gubernatorial polls?
Finance reports reveal just how seriously John Mica took Sandy Adams
Prodigious fundraiser John Mica spent $726,000 from late July until the end of September (and more than $2 million total this cycle), much of it in the days right before the Aug. 14 faceoff against freshman Sandy Adams.
That leaves Mica’s pile of cash at $339,000 as of Oct. 1, well short of the $815,000 he was sitting on just a couple weeks before his win over Adams – preferable of course to sitting on money after a loss.
Mica raised about $250,000 in the two months since his July 25 report, about 75 percent of which came from PACs. Those PACs included checks from the Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers ($1,000) to the FAA Managers Association ($2,500) to Old Dominion Freight Line ($1,000).
Via Adam Snider and Burgess Everett of Morning Transportation.