- Mosaic to help present business sustainability summit at Streamsong October 9
- Pinellas Schools get 22 M16s through controversial military surplus program
- Gubernatorial debate organizers to Libertarian Adrian Wyllie: ‘Drop dead!’
- Red tide off northwest Florida could hit economy
- FSU’s Jameis Winston apologizes; Sean Maguire will start against Clemson Saturday
- Crime and opportunity in Midtown, St. Petersburg
Rep. Clay Ford officially on his way back to Tallahassee as yet another write-in candidate drops out
Write-in candidate Christine Bruha has withdrawn from the race for House District 2.
“I hereby withdraw as a candidate for State Representative, District 2, effective immediately,” is all Bruha’s letter to the Florida Divison of Elections read.
Bruha’s presence on the ballot, just as a write-in candidate, meant that the Republican primary between incumbent Clay Ford and first-time candidate Jeremy Bosso was closed to Democrats and Independents.
With Bruha’s withdrawal Ford is officially on his way back to Tallahassee.
Not that there ever was any doubt.