- It’s official: Jay Fant beats Paul Renner in HD 15 by two votes
- John Morgan goes “unplugged” with NSFW rant at post-debate rally for medical marijuana
- With some Tampa Bay’ers breaking ranks, Eric Eisnaugle has all but locked up Speaker’s race
- George Sheldon accepts Pam Bondi debate challenge, then raises her
- Legislative committee schedule released
- St. Pete Chamber of Commerce announces “Good ‘Burgers” — and it has nothing to do with food
Rep. Clay Ford officially on his way back to Tallahassee as yet another write-in candidate drops out
Write-in candidate Christine Bruha has withdrawn from the race for House District 2.
“I hereby withdraw as a candidate for State Representative, District 2, effective immediately,” is all Bruha’s letter to the Florida Divison of Elections read.
Bruha’s presence on the ballot, just as a write-in candidate, meant that the Republican primary between incumbent Clay Ford and first-time candidate Jeremy Bosso was closed to Democrats and Independents.
With Bruha’s withdrawal Ford is officially on his way back to Tallahassee.
Not that there ever was any doubt.