- Obama promoting economic gains as elections near
- Scott and Crist bash each other at campaign events
- Take a cue, Sea World: ‘Dolphin Tale’ aquarium plans to drop animal shows
- Ex-Republican Charlie Crist is Florida Democrats big hope
- Poll: For 56% of Americans, Labor Day means Summer’s over
- Marco Rubio changes tune on immigration; is it enough for conservatives?
Tampa Bay Times endorses Dwight Dudley, Kathleen Peters in battleground legislative races
The Tampa Bay Times editorial board is endorsing Democrat Dwight Dudley in House District 68 and Kathleen Peters in House District 69.
About Dudley vs. Farkas, Nickens and Co. write that Dudley, ” …understands the importance of properly funding public schools and higher education, supports improving Florida’s ports and opposes paying for expanded highways by adding toll lanes”; Farkas “too often went along with wrongheaded House leadership in his first stint, and the nuclear plant law was not the only time he voted in favor of special interests and against the consumer.”
About District 69, the editorial board writes, “Both candidates offer thoughtful approaches to governing, but Peters’ experience in government makes her best prepared to make an impact.”