- No DC gridlock for gay marriage, legal marijuana
- Mayor Kriseman to focus on budding Warehouse Arts District during 3-day urban planning consortium
- Ross Spano takes 13-point lead over Donna Lee Fore in House District 59
- Costa Farms challenges Charlotte’s Web rules; DOH Secretary asks about compassion
- Campaigns set to begin final drive, absentee and early voting changes calendar
- Guess which poll is missing from Marc Caputo’s unscrewing of the gubernatorial polls?
Even superheroes turn to the F-35
What better time than a summer blockbuster to debut the F-35 Joint Sky Fighter on the big screen? Next summer, the F-35 will appear in Zach Snyder’s re-imagining of Superman in the Man of Steel.
The Pentagon seized this opportunity when filmmakers visited Edwards Air Force Base in California to get shots for a scene. The base arranged for two F-35s to be towed in for filming.
“They liked the idea of having the most modern, the newest fighter aircraft in the background,” said Phil Strub, the Pentagon’s Hollywood liaison, who was on location with Man of Steel at Edwards.
Not certain if the jet is actually a part of the plot or has any direct time with Superman, but one thing is for sure: when superheroes need air support, they look to the F-35.