- Probe exposes flaws behind Healthcare.gov rollout
- Colin Powell maybe not told early about CIA techniques
- Sunshine Law violation charges dropped against Chris Dorworth’s girlfriend, Rebekah Hammond
- Ethics panel tosses complaints against Rick Scott, Charlie Crist
- U.S. Rep. Patrick Murphy introduces legislation to restore Indian River Lagoon
- Reggie Fullwood sues state over disqualification in HD 113 race
New poll confirms chances of Democrat Frank Bruno winning Senate District 8 slipping away, now trails Dorothy Hukill by 12
It was suggested yesterday by the Orlando Sentinel that Democratic hopes for a Frank Bruno win over Dorothy Hukill in State Senate District 8 are beginning to fade. Tonight, a new survey from St. Pete Polls confirms the Democrats’ worst fears.
Hukill leads Bruno 50% to 38% in this new poll with a margin of error of 4.4%. Polling conducted earlier this cycle showed the race to be a dead heat, but, in recent weeks, Democrats appear less engaged in the race, while Republicans increasingly sound more confident about winning.
The Florida Democratic Party has yet to buy any advertising time on Orlando broadcast networks to promote Bruno, notes Jason Garcia.
Meanwhile, incoming Senate President Don Gaetz told reporters in Tallahassee on Tuesday that he expects Hukill will win “handily.”