- Email Insights: Three endorsements help Richard DeNapoli “fight the smears”
- On same day as Sharknado 2 premiere … man dies after diving for lobsters off South Florida
- Floridians concerned about ability to care for aging parents, new poll shows
- Will Weatherford’s newly-formed committee gets $425K boost from Florida GOP
- 5 things I think I think about the Times story about GOP fundraising at King Ranch
- Well, here’s one way Rep. Tom Goodson proves he lives in HD 50
In SD 34, Ellyn Bogdanoff-linked group raises $88K, Maria Sachs adds $30K for home stretch
Bogdanoff is chairwoman of the committee, known as “Creating Possibilities,” according to information on the state Division of Elections website. It has raised $262,500 this year, with contributions during the most-recent period including $25,000 from The Geo Group, Inc., which backs privatizing state prisons and other facilities.
Sachs raised $30,830 during this same period and reported an overall total of $312,506. Sachs’ contributors during the most-recent period included labor organizations such as the Service Employees International Union and the Teamsters.
Material from the News Service of Florida was used in this report.