- Oystermen fear closing of Apalachicola Bay
- Martin O’Malley joins Charlie Crist on the stump Sunday in Davie
- It’s official, red light cameras in St. Pete are coming down
- Email Insights: Bill Nelson sends his first pro-Charlie Crist email
- Email Insights: Charlie Crist’s plan is “rock-solid,” says Martin O’Malley
- Obama, Clinton urge women to back Democrats
In HD 30, Karen Castor Dentel brings in 34K, but Scott Plakon again outraises her
Trying to knock off Republican Rep. Scott Plakon, Maitland Democrat Karen Castor Dentel collected $34,114 between Sept. 29 and Oct. 12 and reported an overall total of $158,409, according to campaign-finance filings Friday.
Dentel got a $5,000 check from the Florida Democratic Party during the two-week period, along with money from teachers unions and other labor groups.
As good as Dentel’s numbers are, Plakon still outraised her. The incumbent Republican raised $52,375 during the period and reported an overall total of $366,301. Plakon “only” has about $36K cash-on-hand, but his campaign will, undoubtedly, be buoyed by additional money from the Florida GOP.
Both parties are heavily focused on the race, which is in the Orlando area’s District 30.
Material from the News Service of Florida was used in this report.