- Federal appeals court delivers serious setback to Obama health care law
- John Kirtley’s school choice PAC raises $300K in July
- In bitter HD 74 race, Richard DeNapoli responds to attack on brief military service
- Surprised by news coverage his comments on same-sex marriage are making, U.S. Rep. David Jolly says this is no “evolution”
- Today on Context Florida: Rick Scott bangin’ beat, Terry Lewis’ ruling & appeal and medical marijuana
- Colleen Burton to file complaint against “illegal” campaign TV ad in HD 40
In HD 30, Karen Castor Dentel brings in 34K, but Scott Plakon again outraises her
Trying to knock off Republican Rep. Scott Plakon, Maitland Democrat Karen Castor Dentel collected $34,114 between Sept. 29 and Oct. 12 and reported an overall total of $158,409, according to campaign-finance filings Friday.
Dentel got a $5,000 check from the Florida Democratic Party during the two-week period, along with money from teachers unions and other labor groups.
As good as Dentel’s numbers are, Plakon still outraised her. The incumbent Republican raised $52,375 during the period and reported an overall total of $366,301. Plakon “only” has about $36K cash-on-hand, but his campaign will, undoubtedly, be buoyed by additional money from the Florida GOP.
Both parties are heavily focused on the race, which is in the Orlando area’s District 30.
Material from the News Service of Florida was used in this report.