- Who are the ’30 under 30′ rising stars of Florida politics?
- Orlando-area House challengers gain fundraising ground, with help of Florida GOP
- Sen. John Thrasher makes the cut; will be interviewed Tuesday for FSU president’s job
- St. Pete embraces the International Day of Peace
- Study shows Florida voters rejecting federal internet sales tax push
- FSU survives Clemson; can its reputation survive ‘Jameis being Jameis’?
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly calls on more days in session for Congress
Rick Scott: ‘Tonight sealed it’ for Mitt Romney
When organizers of the presidential debate at Lynn University introduced Ann Romney , viewers caught a glimpse of Gov. Rick Scott shaking the hand of the former first lady of Massachusetts. Afterward, Gov. Scott spinned for Team Romney.
“Tonight’s debate sealed the deal for Mitt Romney,” said Gov. Scott. “A strong foreign policy is ineffective without a strong economy at home. Mitt Romney has now made the case for both. As I’ve said throughout the 2012 campaign, the candidate who spells out a compelling vision for fixing America’s economy will win not just Florida, but the White House and leadership of the free world.”