- Back-to-school sales tax holiday weekend runs Friday through Sunday
- Associated Industries makes endorsements in key legislative races
- Sen. Kelli Stargel launches broadside against consultant Anthony Pedicini, while weighing in on HD 40 race
- Marco Rubio special guest at Iowa Republicans picnic
- Gov. Scott questions Citizens travel costs
- Driving high questioned on busy day in Congress
Snap polls: Obama won foreign policy debate
Snap polls from CNN and CBS News gave President Obama the victory in the foreign policy debate.
In the CNN-ORC poll, 48 percent of voters said Obama won; 40 percent said Romney did. The CBS poll of uncommitted voters was more dramatic: Obama took 53 percent, Romney took 23 percent, and another 24 percent called it a tie.
Historically the correlation between snap poll results and changes in head-to-head polls is not statistically significant, according to the New York Times’ Nate Silver.