- U.S. Rep. Patrick Murphy introduces legislation to restore Indian River Lagoon
- Reggie Fullwood sues state over disqualification in HD 113 race
- Florida Restaurant Association endorses Rick Scott and Carlos Lopez-Cantera
- Email Insights: Three endorsements help Richard DeNapoli “fight the smears”
- On same day as Sharknado 2 premiere … man dies after diving for lobsters off South Florida
- Floridians concerned about ability to care for aging parents, new poll shows
Mitt Romney to rally this weekend at Will Weatherford’s alma mater, Land O’ Lakes High
Mitt Romney will make a return visit to the critical Tampa area this weekend, hosting a victory rally at Land O’ Lakes High School, reports TBO.com.
Land O’ Lakes is familiar territory for Romney – he campaigned here two years ago on behalf of then-Senate nominee Marco Rubio. Now Rubio is returning the favor, co-hosting the victory rally in Republican-heavy Pasco County, which is home to incoming House Speaker Will Weatherford, a former football star at Land O’ Lakes High School.
“We’ve been talking about them coming to Pasco for a long time,” Weatherford said. “And Land O’ Lakes? What could be better? Of course, I’m partial to my alma mater. I’m especially partial to the football field, having spent a whole lot of hours on it.”
Saturday’s event starts at 7 p.m.