- Oystermen fear closing of Apalachicola Bay
- Martin O’Malley joins Charlie Crist on the stump Sunday in Davie
- It’s official, red light cameras in St. Pete are coming down
- Email Insights: Bill Nelson sends his first pro-Charlie Crist email
- Email Insights: Charlie Crist’s plan is “rock-solid,” says Martin O’Malley
- Obama, Clinton urge women to back Democrats
A legend is born: Florida woman breaks leg outside polling location, yet still votes
Florida Secretary of State Ken Detzner told reporters this morning of a woman in Escambia County, Florida who would be denied her opportunity to vote.
Evidently, she broke her leg in the parking lot outside her polling precinct, but was carried into the polls by her husband to vote — before going to the hospital for treatment.
“We’re grateful for her interest and passion to vote,” said Detzner.
Please keep this woman in mind before you complain about having waiting in line to vote today.