- Probe exposes flaws behind Healthcare.gov rollout
- Colin Powell maybe not told early about CIA techniques
- Sunshine Law violation charges dropped against Chris Dorworth’s girlfriend, Rebekah Hammond
- Ethics panel tosses complaints against Rick Scott, Charlie Crist
- U.S. Rep. Patrick Murphy introduces legislation to restore Indian River Lagoon
- Reggie Fullwood sues state over disqualification in HD 113 race
A legend is born: Florida woman breaks leg outside polling location, yet still votes
Florida Secretary of State Ken Detzner told reporters this morning of a woman in Escambia County, Florida who would be denied her opportunity to vote.
Evidently, she broke her leg in the parking lot outside her polling precinct, but was carried into the polls by her husband to vote — before going to the hospital for treatment.
“We’re grateful for her interest and passion to vote,” said Detzner.
Please keep this woman in mind before you complain about having waiting in line to vote today.