- U.S. House OKs bill to address border crisis; Obama condemns it
- In light of redistricting ruling, Senate President urges members not to throw out any relevant docs, files
- Growers and lobbyists not high on second draft of pot rules
- Write-in candidate files emergency motion in HD 64 decision
- Rick Scott campaign pulls in another $397K
- Batman creator’s personal copies to be auctioned
Not that anyone cares, but George LeMieux to affiliate with Palm Beach Christian college
Ken Lundberg, a spokesman for LeMieux, wouldn’t reveal the content of the announcement ahead of time, but said LeMieux “will be contributing in a significant way to the university” and “continuing to engage in public policy.”
LeMieux is a former chief of staff and political protege of former Gov. Charlie Crist, and was appointed by Crist to a temporary, partial term in the U.S. Senate.
He broke with Crist when Crist left the Republican Party to run as an independent for U.S. Senate in 2010. He ran unsuccessfully in this year’s Republican Senate primary against Rep. Connie Mack of Fort Myers.
Palm Beach Atlantic is a private, non-profit, Christian-oriented school.
Via William March of the Tampa Tribune.