- 100 days before election, Charlie Crist to hold “Weekend of Action”
- The ‘burg heats up this weekend with Vans Warped Tour, Rays & Rowdies
- Chuck Todd’s thoughts on polling and whether they apply to Crist vs. Scott
- Today on Context Florida: Prisons, immigration, bike trail connector and managing money
- The strange case of Dr. Jekyll and Sunshine State News
- Sunburn for 7/25 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
PPP poll of 2016: Hillary Clinton leading both Jeb and Marco on their home turf
In its first poll in 2013 of Florida, Public Policy Polling finds that Hillary Clinton is the strongest candidate for President in Florida for 2016. Two of the most high profile potential Republican candidates for next time come from Florida, and Clinton bests both of them on their home turf: 50/46 over Marco Rubio and 49/44 over Jeb Bush.
In the instance that Clinton didn’t run things are wide open on the Democratic side: Cuomo leads the way with 22% to 15% for Warren with everyone else in single digits – Deval Patrick at 5%, Martin O’Malley at 4%, Kirsten Gillibrand at 3%, Mark Warner at 2%, and Brian Schweitzer at 1%. But the big winner is ‘not sure’ at 48%.