- Tampa Tribune issues endorsements in Pinellas Commission primaries
- Unilever to lay off more than 200 in Clearwater plant closure
- Four groups endorse Ken Peluso for Pinellas County School Board
- Greenlight Pinellas to take its message to the phones
- Judge won’t lift Florida Keys gay marriage stay
- Sarasota Herald-Tribune launches new effort to cover pot industry
‘I Heart Teachers,’ says Gov. Scott; will seek $1.2 billion more for schools
Governor Rick Scott said Wednesday he will propose an increase of $1.2 billion in the K-12 education budget, a roughly $400 per student increase.
“We are in a position to invest,” Scott said during a morning address to newspaper editors at the Capitol.