- Florida power utilities fear return of ‘Green Governor’ Crist
- Cuba cracks down on goods in flyers’ luggage
- How social media helped Jay Fant and Jay Trumbull win their state House races
- Florida ranks No. 4 in U.S. for arrest-related deaths
- Gov. Rick Scott announces seven appointments, five reappointments
- Obama promoting economic gains as elections near
‘I Heart Teachers,’ says Gov. Scott; will seek $1.2 billion more for schools
Governor Rick Scott said Wednesday he will propose an increase of $1.2 billion in the K-12 education budget, a roughly $400 per student increase.
“We are in a position to invest,” Scott said during a morning address to newspaper editors at the Capitol.