- Email Insights: Charlie Crist’s plan is “rock-solid,” says Martin O’Malley
- Obama, Clinton urge women to back Democrats
- While other 2016ers are building campaigns, Jeb Bush is building his business empire
- RNC again tops DNC; Democrats’ House and Senate committees best GOP rivals
- Florida town knew shooter had troubled past
- Jameis Winston benched for entire game versus Clemson
‘I Heart Teachers,’ says Gov. Scott; will seek $1.2 billion more for schools
Governor Rick Scott said Wednesday he will propose an increase of $1.2 billion in the K-12 education budget, a roughly $400 per student increase.
“We are in a position to invest,” Scott said during a morning address to newspaper editors at the Capitol.