- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for Sept. 19-21
- Hearing for Charlotte’s Web challenge scheduled for October 14 & 15
- Coming Monday: Who are the ’30 under 30′ rising stars of Florida politics?
- Circuit Judge to be reprimanded and fined $25,000
- Twitter updates how-to manual for politicians and campaigns
- Rep. Charlie Stone files for re-election
David McKalip is right — Linda Lucas does not belong on city’s redistricting commission
I hope you’re stocked up on bacon, because pigs are about to fly … because I agree with something David McKalip wrote.
On his blog, McKalip, in his usual round-about, ranting sort of way, argues that left-wing nut job Linda Lucas has no business serving on, much less chairing the city’s redistricting commission. “It seems odd that a politically biased person is in charge of redrawing districts for non-partisan seats,” McKalip writes.
Doc MacKalip, I could not agree more.
Lucas has not had the opportunity(yet) to let her partisan bias reveal itself, but her true unhingedness is about to come to the forefront. She pushed/is pushing for a final decision despite three members being absent from yesterday’s meeting. She directed her colleagues to schedule a meeting no more than 24 hours after yesterday’s meeting so that she can see her agenda — to keep certain prospective candidates from running in 2013 — endorsed by the rest of the commission.
Linda Lucas is an Ed Helm disciple who should never been appointed to this board in the first place. Hopefully, the rest of the commission will see her true motives and reject her efforts.