- Gov. Scott to barnstorm the state with tax cut proposal
- Obama seeks to do no harm to Democrats in midterms
- 2016-ers jockey even before congressional elections
- Brace yourselves: Campaign cash buying tons of ads
- Sunburn for 9/1 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- 1 killed in small plane crash near Albert Whitted Airport
Jim Greer pleads guilty
Details are still being worked out, but it appears former Florida GOP chair Jim Greer has accepted a plea bargain.
Greer is pleading guilty to four counts of grand theft. The first charge of fraud has been dropped. The charge of money laundering has been reduced.
Greer’s voice broke as he said, “Guilty your honor.”
Greer will be released on his own recognizance until sentencing on March 27. Lucy Morgan notes that Greer could face up to forty two years in prison. The Orlando Sentinel notes that this deal is worse for Greer than the one he was offered three weeks ago.
Greer’s attorney, Damon Chase, says, “this is in the best interest of his family.”