- Once-troubled reverse mortgages poised for rebound
- Today on Context Florida: Entrepreneurs, political priorities, veggies and Pensacola after Ivan
- Florida’s ‘Gray Belt’ a glimpse at nation’s future
- Sunburn for 9/16 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- New study shows minorities disproportionately affected by long wait times on Election Day in Florida
- No DC gridlock for gay marriage, legal marijuana
Pam Bondi endorsed by South Florida Sun Sentinel
The Pam Bondi campaign announced the endorsement of the South Florida Sun Sentinel, which published their endorsement in an editorial over the weekend. This is the fifth endorsement by a major Florida newspaper.
“The key point made in this editorial is that Pam Bondi has a vision for the role of chief legal officer in Florida,” said Jim Blosser, Finance Chair for Bondi for Attorney General in Broward County, “and isn’t just looking for the next political job like her opponents. Pam has more experience and better ideas, and I am confident she will win on August 24.”
Excerpts from the editorial about Pam Bondi:
“Pam Bondi has extensive legal experience, and shows more enthusiasm for the post than her GOP rivals. But what differentiates Bondi from her opponents is her ability to vision herself as the state’s chief legal officer, rather than someone who’d use the office as a political bully pulpit.”
“Bondi has way more legal experience than her opponents.”
“Bondi has spent years going after crooks, and she says she would step up the attorney general’s anti-gang efforts. She also vows to carry out vigorously the office’s core responsibility to protect consumers. And she would revive the attorney general’s role as a citizen’s advocate for open government.”
“Pam Bondi is the best Republican candidate.”
The full editorial may be read at http://j.mp/sunsentinel-bondi. The St. Petersburg Times, Miami Herald, Orlando Sentinel, and Tampa Tribune have also endorsed Bondi’s candidacy.