- Will Brent Sembler thwart John Thrasher’s FSU ambitions?
- Gov. Scott promises new tax cuts for 2nd term
- About those Nan Rich voters…
- Florida PBA stands with Gwen Graham in Florida’s Second Congressional District
- It’s official: Jay Fant beats Paul Renner in HD 15 by two votes
- John Morgan goes “unplugged” with NSFW rant at post-debate rally for medical marijuana
“Race-selective”, “sex-selective” abortions targeted by House bill
Legislation filed Monday in the House would ban “sex-selective” and “race-selective” abortions. The bill (HB 845), filed by Representative Charles Van Zant includes a whereas clause that contends that “experts have demonstrated that the sex-selection industry is on the rise and predict that it will continue to be a growing trend in the United States.” The measure’s purpose, according to the bill, is “to protect unborn children from prenatal discrimination in the form of being subjected to an abortion based on the child’s sex or race by prohibiting sex-selection or race-selection abortions.” The measure doesn’t have a Senate companion bill.
Via the News Service of Florida.