- Today on Context Florida: Israel & Hamas, one-up California, wealth lobby and newspapers
- Golfer who beat 64-year-old with “piston-like punching,” denied Stand Your Ground defense by Florida judge
- AARP Florida releases “2014 Legislative Voting Record” on senior issues
- Price tag for new Gateway expressway is $454M
- Sunburn for 7/31 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- Marco Rubio walks a thin line with medical marijuana support
“Race-selective”, “sex-selective” abortions targeted by House bill
Legislation filed Monday in the House would ban “sex-selective” and “race-selective” abortions. The bill (HB 845), filed by Representative Charles Van Zant includes a whereas clause that contends that “experts have demonstrated that the sex-selection industry is on the rise and predict that it will continue to be a growing trend in the United States.” The measure’s purpose, according to the bill, is “to protect unborn children from prenatal discrimination in the form of being subjected to an abortion based on the child’s sex or race by prohibiting sex-selection or race-selection abortions.” The measure doesn’t have a Senate companion bill.
Via the News Service of Florida.