- Candidate hoping to make Florida Medical Association’s position on Medicaid an issue in HD 6 race
- Flordia business denies hiring George Zimmerman as security
- Florida Sheriffs name Jack Latvala their “Legislator of the Year”
- Florida’s consumer confidence hits new post-recession high
- Adrian Wyllie launching statewide tour of craft breweries
- Charlie Crist outlines actions he will take on first day back in office
PPP poll: Charlie Crist 52%, Rick Scott 40%
A new Public Policy Polling survey set for release today finds that Governor Rick Scott still suffers from a low approval rating and trails a handful of potential Democratic opponents.
PPP puts Scott’s approval at 33 percent, compared with 57 percent disapproval.
Up against Charlie Crist, Scott is down 12 points, 52-40; against former Tampa Mayor Pam Iorio, Scott is down 7 points, 44-37; in a rematch with 2010 Alex Sink, he’s down 5 points, 45-40.
Scott leads against former state Senate Minority Leader Nan Rich, 42-36.