- Not in my backyard: US sending dirty coal abroad
- ‘Avengers’ unleash ‘Ultron’ footage at Comic-Con
- After air ball during congressional committee, Curt Clawson renews his “three-point challenge” to Obama
- Pregnant Florida woman killed by accidental shooting while admiring gun collection
- Tampa Tribune endorses Charlie Crist in Democratic primary
- Author: Fort Caroline was likely in Georgia
Will Charlie Crist launch his gubernatorial campaign on May 11?
Charlie Crist will headline a joint Kennedy-King Dinner for the Hillsborough and Pinellas Democratic Parties on May 11.
If Crist does intend to run for Governor and wishes to announces his intentions before the Summer (and before Alex Sink), what better time and place could there be for him to do so than at this event?
First of all, it will be on his home turf of Tampa Bay. He’ll know the elected officials, the big-time donors, and the local reporters. He’ll probably know the valet staff at the Tampa Convention Center, where the event will be held.
Second, Crist’s most loyal Democratic allies will be in attendance. Rep. Darryl Rouson will be there. County Commissioner Ken Welch will likely be there. Crist’s friends from DC, NYC and Miami can jet into Tampa International Airport. So many of Crist’s supporters will be there, all in one place.
Third, May 11 is after the 2013 Legislative Session concludes. Lord knows Charlie doesn’t like sharing the stage — or a news cycle — with anyone else, especially his former Republican colleagues in Tallahassee.
I am sure there other reasons why this platform is the ideal choice for Crist to make “The Announcement.”
Something tells me Charlie has had a plan all along…