- Hot sun, cold beer: Great Bay Distributors does it right!
- Charlie Crist gets another share of public matching money
- Bitcoin is taking root in St. Pete, but what in the blazes is it?
- How private companies reap profits from public schools
- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for Aug. 22-24
- Candidates in HD 65 & 67 to enter the Tiger’s Den next Wednesday
Aaron Bean, Steve Crisafulli, Dana Young haul in major campaign cash during 1st Qtr.
Offering the first glimpses of fund-raising for the 2013-14 election cycle, Senator Aaron Bean, Representative Dana Young, and future House Speaker Steve Crisafulli each collected tens of thousands of dollars in contributions during the first three months of the year.
Candidates face a Wednesday deadline for filing campaign-finance reports detailing the period between Jan. 1 and March 31. Bean, who emerged from a tough campaign in 2012, raised $63,950 during the three-month period, according to records on the state Division of Elections website.
Young was close behind at $61,150, while Crisafulli collected $56,800.
Also notable among the early filers was Senator Maria Sachs who collected $35,790 after winning a tough race in 2012. Looking beyond the 2014 elections, Rep. Jimmy Patronis reported raising $90,585 for his expected 2016 Senate race in a Panhandle district, according to the Division of Elections website.