- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for July 25-28
- Breaking: Associated Industries of Florida says it really likes Rick Scott!
- After railing against super PACs, Obama embraces secretive elements of unlimited political fundraising
- Obama aides says impeachment threat taken seriously
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly making it clear he is not endorsing Peter Nehr in county commission race
- 100 days before election, Charlie Crist to hold “Weekend of Action”
With Gainesville mayor’s race days away, exclusive poll shows incumbent Craig Lowe in trouble
As Gainesville’s mayoral campaign heads into its final days, incumbent Craig Lowe finds himself trailing challenger Ed Braddy by four points according to an exclusive survey by St. Pete Polls of the race.
Asked if the election were held today, 40% of registered voters said they support Braddy, while 36% said they would vote for Lowe. A full twenty-four percent are undecided with just five days until the election.
Weighing down Lowe is an upside-down favorability rating: 42% of voters hold an unfavorable view of Lowe, while 34% hold a positive one. Braddy’s fav/unfav rating is at 40%/28%.
The run-off between Lowe and Braddy will be held on Tuesday, April 16.
The poll, conducted on April 11, has a 3.8% margin of error at a 95% confidence level.