- Walt McNeil to Rick Scott: if you believe Charlie Crist swindled people then investigate
- Florida lawmakers urge action on Everglades: ‘Get it done’
- NFIB names Marco Rubio a “Guardian of Small Business”
- Gov. Scott appoints Rep. Jimmy Patronis as utility regulator
- Son of a pot-smuggler to discuss emerging legal marijuana business at Eckerd College
- Bill Edwards says he was not responsible for ending Al Lang deal, ready to make deal
With Gainesville mayor’s race days away, exclusive poll shows incumbent Craig Lowe in trouble
As Gainesville’s mayoral campaign heads into its final days, incumbent Craig Lowe finds himself trailing challenger Ed Braddy by four points according to an exclusive survey by St. Pete Polls of the race.
Asked if the election were held today, 40% of registered voters said they support Braddy, while 36% said they would vote for Lowe. A full twenty-four percent are undecided with just five days until the election.
Weighing down Lowe is an upside-down favorability rating: 42% of voters hold an unfavorable view of Lowe, while 34% hold a positive one. Braddy’s fav/unfav rating is at 40%/28%.
The run-off between Lowe and Braddy will be held on Tuesday, April 16.
The poll, conducted on April 11, has a 3.8% margin of error at a 95% confidence level.