- Gubernatorial debate organizers to Libertarian Adrian Wyllie: ‘Drop dead!’
- Red tide off northwest Florida could hit economy
- FSU’s Jameis Winston apologizes; Sean Maguire will start against Clemson Saturday
- Crime and opportunity in Midtown, St. Petersburg
- National Rifle Association to aid Rick Scott’s re-elect as part of $11.4 million effort
- PSTA posts record-breaking summer ridership
…about that Brian Ballard fundraiser for congressional candidate Gwen Graham
An invitation from uber lobbyist Brian Ballard to a fundraiser for Democratic congressional candidate Gwen Graham, daughter of former Governor Bob Graham, turned heads last week after Marc Caputo of the Miami Herald first reported about the item.
Ballard traditionally raises money for Republican candidates. In fact, he led Mitt Romney’s money-raising team in Florida, so the head-turning, at first glance, made sense.
However, upon further investigation, there are several ties that bind the Ballard and Graham clans.
According to Graham’s campaign, Gwen and Ballard’s wife, Kathryn, have bee friends since childhood. Moreover, the Ballards and Grahams are godparents to one of each other’s children. Gwen
Those kind of ties trump partisan politics, right?