- Dept. of Health not backing down from lottery system to select Charlotte’s Web growers
- Poll: Two-thirds of Americans say illegal immigration is a serious problem, up 14 points since May
- Plaintiffs in redistricting case argue Florida must hold statewide election
- Bob Graham hits the campaign trail for daughter Gwen beginning tomorrow
- What do Rick Scott and Justin Bieber have in common, asks American Bridge
- What exactly was House candidate Shawna Vercher’s role on the Obama campaign?
…about that Brian Ballard fundraiser for congressional candidate Gwen Graham
An invitation from uber lobbyist Brian Ballard to a fundraiser for Democratic congressional candidate Gwen Graham, daughter of former Governor Bob Graham, turned heads last week after Marc Caputo of the Miami Herald first reported about the item.
Ballard traditionally raises money for Republican candidates. In fact, he led Mitt Romney’s money-raising team in Florida, so the head-turning, at first glance, made sense.
However, upon further investigation, there are several ties that bind the Ballard and Graham clans.
According to Graham’s campaign, Gwen and Ballard’s wife, Kathryn, have bee friends since childhood. Moreover, the Ballards and Grahams are godparents to one of each other’s children. Gwen
Those kind of ties trump partisan politics, right?