- “4th Floor Files” talks to Mark Delegal about his family, being a constitutionalist, and Momo’s PizzaPosted 50 mins ago
- In HD 74, Richard DeNapoli qualifies for ballot via petitionPosted 2 hours ago
- Personnel note: CoreMessage adds two key players as account managersPosted 2 hours ago
- Poll: Younger Republicans favor same-sex marriage by 61 percentPosted 3 hours ago
- Lee County state Reps. endorse Lizbeth Benacquisto in CD 19Posted 5 hours ago
- Today on Context Florida: Veteran paradise, CPAC takeaways, Rubio love and stonewalled Medicaid expansionPosted 6 hours ago
Bill Gunter gets another key endorsement in race for Mike Fasano’s old House seat
Bill Gunter has received another valuable endorsement today in his bid for the Florida House district 36 seat recently vacated by Mike Fasano. This time the support is coming from prior Pasco School Board member present County Commissioner Kathryn Starkey.
Starkey, a longtime Pasco resident, said, “Bill Gunter is a dedicated community servant. I am confident he will stand up for his constituents.”
Starkey is only the most recent of a long line of Pasco County leaders to lend their support to Gunter. Speaker of the Florida House Will Weatherford, and the three members in line to become Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives — Reps. Steve Crisafulli, Richard Corcoran and Jose Oliva — announced their endorsements of Gunter.
“I’m very grateful to receive the support of Commissioner Starkey,” Gunter said. “Kathryn has been a very active member of the Pasco County community for a long time, so her belief in me being the best representative for the people of West Pasco means a lot.”
Gunter was pastor of the Redeemer Community Church, once known as River Ridge Presbyterian Church, a position he held for 10 years. After working in a Dallas church for two years, he was briefly an insurance claims adjuster. Gunter now lives in New Port Richey with his wife, Heather and his two children.