- As pomp of session opening ends, “sausage-making” of law beginsPosted 2 hours ago
- Dems, GOP test fall strategy in CD 13 racePosted 2 hours ago
- Gary Swoope talks “team effort” key to Florida economic developmentPosted 2 hours ago
- FSU supports in-state tuition for undocumented immigrantsPosted 2 hours ago
- Sen. Latvala’s elections bill draws ire, praise from DemocratsPosted 2 hours ago
- Why May could be Charlie Crist’s best month for fundraisingPosted 13 hours ago
Bill Young, Jr. announces HE WILL NOT seek his father’s congressional seat
Bill Young, Jr., the son of the late C.W. “Bill” Young tells me exclusively he will not seek the congressional seat previously held by his father.
“Running for Congress is not the right decision for me or my family at this time,” said Young, 29, in a brief interview.
“My youngest son is three months old,” said Young. “A child changes so much from three months to twelve months and I don’t want to miss my son growing up.”
Although Young won’t be running for Congress, don’t rule out seeing his name on the ballot in 2014. The Republican is expected to challenge Democrat Dwight Dudley in Florida House District 68.