- Sunburn for 4/24 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politicsPosted 47 mins ago
- Appeals court supports ATS role in issuing red-light camera violationsPosted 1 hour ago
- Adam Putnam launches multi-agency campaign to get Floridians to eat healthierPosted 1 hour ago
- House and Senate close on some budget items, far apart on othersPosted 2 hours ago
- High-profile bills part of “horse trading” frenzy between House and SenatePosted 2 hours ago
- Email Insights: Rick Scott won’t win popularity contests with latest public records dodgePosted 17 hours ago
Bill Young, Jr. announces HE WILL NOT seek his father’s congressional seat
Bill Young, Jr., the son of the late C.W. “Bill” Young tells me exclusively he will not seek the congressional seat previously held by his father.
“Running for Congress is not the right decision for me or my family at this time,” said Young, 29, in a brief interview.
“My youngest son is three months old,” said Young. “A child changes so much from three months to twelve months and I don’t want to miss my son growing up.”
Although Young won’t be running for Congress, don’t rule out seeing his name on the ballot in 2014. The Republican is expected to challenge Democrat Dwight Dudley in Florida House District 68.