- Retired Justice Stevens says it’s OK for justices to consider politics in weighing retirementPosted 4 hours ago
- House Republicans’ campaign committee sets aside $31 million to hold onto majorityPosted 5 hours ago
- Curt Clawson supporters dominate Tea Party Express rally in EsteroPosted 11 hours ago
- Charlie Crist draws huge crowd to open South Florida campaign HQPosted 15 hours ago
- Democrats midterm strategy is “hold the line,” says PoliticoPosted 16 hours ago
- A round-up of Sunday editorials from Florida’s leading newspapersPosted 19 hours ago
Bill Young, Jr. announces HE WILL NOT seek his father’s congressional seat
Bill Young, Jr., the son of the late C.W. “Bill” Young tells me exclusively he will not seek the congressional seat previously held by his father.
“Running for Congress is not the right decision for me or my family at this time,” said Young, 29, in a brief interview.
“My youngest son is three months old,” said Young. “A child changes so much from three months to twelve months and I don’t want to miss my son growing up.”
Although Young won’t be running for Congress, don’t rule out seeing his name on the ballot in 2014. The Republican is expected to challenge Democrat Dwight Dudley in Florida House District 68.