- What does Joe Negron’s maneuverings say about how he’d govern as Senate President?Posted 2 hours ago
- St. Pete celebrates everything spring this Easter weekendPosted 3 hours ago
- Senate Prez says Gov. Scott has never contacted him about in-state tuition billPosted 3 hours ago
- Florida Pharmacy Association to sponsor Tobacco Free Florida WeekPosted 4 hours ago
- Rick Scott and Jeb Bush want in-state tuition bill passedPosted 4 hours ago
- DEP names Kelley Boree as State Lands DirectorPosted 4 hours ago
Jim Greer pleads guilty
Details are still being worked out, but it appears former Florida GOP chair Jim Greer has accepted a plea bargain.
Greer is pleading guilty to four counts of grand theft. The first charge of fraud has been dropped. The charge of money laundering has been reduced.
Greer’s voice broke as he said, “Guilty your honor.”
Greer will be released on his own recognizance until sentencing on March 27. Lucy Morgan notes that Greer could face up to forty two years in prison. The Orlando Sentinel notes that this deal is worse for Greer than the one he was offered three weeks ago.
Greer’s attorney, Damon Chase, says, “this is in the best interest of his family.”