- Email Insights: For David Jolly, it’s the company he keepsPosted 25 mins ago
- Mark your calendars for a March 13 fundraiser for Jeb’s Foundation for Florida’s FuturePosted 30 mins ago
- Venezuelan middle class seeks refuge in MiamiPosted 41 mins ago
- Must-read analysis by Center for Public Integrity on outside spending in CD 13 racePosted 3 hours ago
- Associated Industries submits 24K petitions supporting Keystone pipelinePosted 4 hours ago
- A shot-and-chaser for John Boehner and David JollyPosted 4 hours ago
Jim Greer pleads guilty
Details are still being worked out, but it appears former Florida GOP chair Jim Greer has accepted a plea bargain.
Greer is pleading guilty to four counts of grand theft. The first charge of fraud has been dropped. The charge of money laundering has been reduced.
Greer’s voice broke as he said, “Guilty your honor.”
Greer will be released on his own recognizance until sentencing on March 27. Lucy Morgan notes that Greer could face up to forty two years in prison. The Orlando Sentinel notes that this deal is worse for Greer than the one he was offered three weeks ago.
Greer’s attorney, Damon Chase, says, ”this is in the best interest of his family.”