- Meet Victoria Brill – one of the “30 under 30″ rising stars in Florida politicsPosted 22 mins ago
- Meet Katie Betta – one of the “30 under 30″ rising stars in Florida politicsPosted 1 hour ago
- Meet Samantha Bowden – one of the “30 under 30″ rising stars in Florida politicsPosted 2 hours ago
- Gov. Scott gets signatures from budget recipients on money-back pledgesPosted 2 hours ago
- Sen. Prez Don Gaetz does not lose his sh*t reacting to Scott’s signing of budget, vetoesPosted 3 hours ago
- Governor Rick Scott signs 2013-2014 budget, but vetoes steal the showPosted 3 hours ago
Jim Greer pleads guilty
Details are still being worked out, but it appears former Florida GOP chair Jim Greer has accepted a plea bargain.
Greer is pleading guilty to four counts of grand theft. The first charge of fraud has been dropped. The charge of money laundering has been reduced.
Greer’s voice broke as he said, “Guilty your honor.”
Greer will be released on his own recognizance until sentencing on March 27. Lucy Morgan notes that Greer could face up to forty two years in prison. The Orlando Sentinel notes that this deal is worse for Greer than the one he was offered three weeks ago.
Greer’s attorney, Damon Chase, says, ”this is in the best interest of his family.”