- Email Insights: Allen West blusters about the State Department’s liquor billPosted 6 hours ago
- Dept. of Health meeting illustrates rifts in trauma center debatePosted 6 hours ago
- Matt Gaetz pushes tax credit for employers hiring veteransPosted 9 hours ago
- Americans’ views of U.S. global power fall to 40-year lowPosted 10 hours ago
- Always-helpful Democrats launch “10 questions” website for Republican CD 13 votersPosted 11 hours ago
- St. Pete Chamber unanimously endorses Greenlight PinellasPosted 12 hours ago
Jim Greer pleads guilty
Details are still being worked out, but it appears former Florida GOP chair Jim Greer has accepted a plea bargain.
Greer is pleading guilty to four counts of grand theft. The first charge of fraud has been dropped. The charge of money laundering has been reduced.
Greer’s voice broke as he said, “Guilty your honor.”
Greer will be released on his own recognizance until sentencing on March 27. Lucy Morgan notes that Greer could face up to forty two years in prison. The Orlando Sentinel notes that this deal is worse for Greer than the one he was offered three weeks ago.
Greer’s attorney, Damon Chase, says, ”this is in the best interest of his family.”