- Tea Party challengers struggle to continue successPosted 24 mins ago
- A round-up of Sunday editorials from Florida’s leading newspapersPosted 54 mins ago
- Daylight saving time is good for business?Posted 11 hours ago
- Don’t forget: Daylight saving time begins this SundayPosted 11 hours ago
- The day that was in the CD 13 special electionPosted 11 hours ago
- David Jolly speaks to voters at Seminole’s “Pow Wow” FestivalPosted 11 hours ago
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day all weekend in St. Pete
Saint Patrick’s Day is like Christmas to the bars and pubs in Saint Petersburg.
There’s won’t be any black coal in stockings on Sunday, March 17. But you can expect green beer to flow and for menus to offer corned beef and – yes! – stinky cabbage. Some places are celebrating all weekend. Ladies, perhaps you will meet that special leprechaun!
Here’s a list of five popular downtown spots for celebrating the green and finding your pot of gold, or at least a well of green beer.
1. Ferg’s, 1320 Central Avenue: Branding itself as McFerg’s Sunday, the huge indoor-outdoor bar on Central Avenue will feature green beer, corned beef, cabbage and live music. It fun starts at 11 a.m. Sunday.
2. MacDinton’s St. Pete Irish Pub, 242 First Ave. N: If you don’t know abut MacDinton’s, just head to Jannus Live, where the bar is located. The party starts Sunday at 11 a.m. and continues into the day and evening with live music on two stages at Jannus, bagpipers, stepdancers and plenty of green beer,
3. Crowley’s Downtown, 269 Central Ave.: Crowley’s is Irish Central in downtown St. Pete. The bar is having its annual block party, complete with live music and green beer, from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Saturday, not Sunday.
4. World of Beer, 100 4th St South: WOB will have Dub & Jimbo’s food truck on hand serving food all day Sunday for its St. Patrick’s Day party, along with plenty of choices for fans of Irish beer. There will be drink specials (with $1 beer shots) and prize giveaways all day, along with music from the band Soundwave.
5.) Lucky Dill of St. Pete, 277 Central Ave.: The Lucky Dill Restaurant will hold its St. Patrick’s day party both Saturday and Sunday, from 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Plenty of corned beef will be served, with lots of Irish beer to wash it down. And if you’re still looking for that pot o’ gold, the Lucky Dill will be giving away $2,000 worth of discounts in “$2 good-at-Lucky Dill only” coins for menu items both days.
Via William Mansell of Patch.