- For Florida Space Day in Tallahassee, aerospace means businessPosted 14 hours ago
- Democrats say Rick Scott’s phone promos touting Fla. economy a “new low”Posted 15 hours ago
- One of the most important people in St. Pete — the GM of the Vinoy — is leaving townPosted 15 hours ago
- Rick Scott won’t deny that Adam Hollingsworth is on the LG shortlistPosted 16 hours ago
- John Morgan: Crist’s split with campaign manager was due to ‘chemistry’Posted 19 hours ago
- Email Insights: the DNC’s latest “You May Be a Winner” pitchPosted 19 hours ago
Charlie Crist and John Morgan launching this attack ad against Rick Scott over dog story
Shortly after winning the GOP gubernatorial nomination in 2010, Rick Scott announced that his family had rescued a Labrador Retriever and gave it a name: Reagan.
But when the Tampa Bay Times ”asked last week what had happened to the dog, Scott’s current and former communications directors refused to answer… At one point an exasperated reporter asked Burgess if he had killed the dog, and Burgess denied ever killing a dog, but still wouldn’t say where Reagan was.”
Later a spokeswoman called to say Reagan had been returned about a year ago.
In response to this controversy, Charlie Crist and John Morgan are launching this attack ad against Scott.