- Retired Justice Stevens says it’s OK for justices to consider politics in weighing retirementPosted 9 hours ago
- House Republicans’ campaign committee sets aside $31 million to hold onto majorityPosted 9 hours ago
- Curt Clawson supporters dominate Tea Party Express rally in EsteroPosted 16 hours ago
- Charlie Crist draws huge crowd to open South Florida campaign HQPosted 20 hours ago
- Democrats midterm strategy is “hold the line,” says PoliticoPosted 21 hours ago
- A round-up of Sunday editorials from Florida’s leading newspapersPosted 24 hours ago
Charlie Crist and John Morgan launching this attack ad against Rick Scott over dog story
Shortly after winning the GOP gubernatorial nomination in 2010, Rick Scott announced that his family had rescued a Labrador Retriever and gave it a name: Reagan.
But when the Tampa Bay Times “asked last week what had happened to the dog, Scott’s current and former communications directors refused to answer… At one point an exasperated reporter asked Burgess if he had killed the dog, and Burgess denied ever killing a dog, but still wouldn’t say where Reagan was.”
Later a spokeswoman called to say Reagan had been returned about a year ago.
In response to this controversy, Charlie Crist and John Morgan are launching this attack ad against Scott.