- Jabil Circuit’s Tim and Donna Main hosting fundraiser for Charlie Crist on December 22Posted 10 mins ago
- Soto wants state to investigate alleged abuse at privately ran juvenile facilitiesPosted 18 mins ago
- Jay Trumbull outpaces crowded HD 6 field with $30K raised in NovemberPosted 26 mins ago
- Direct mail round-up: Florida GOP attacks Alex Sink, while Pinellas sheriff goes to bat for Kathleen PetersPosted 2 hours ago
- HD 38 hopeful Danny Burgess gets endorsement from Sen. John LeggPosted 2 hours ago
- Is the glass half-empty or half-full for Charlie Crist’s fundraisingPosted 3 hours ago
Concerns grow about the health of Congressman Bill Young
The only member of Florida’s congressional delegation who missed last night’s historic vote ending the shutdown of the federal government was Pinellas County’s C.W. Bill Young. This missed vote coming so close after Congressman Young’s recent announcement that he would not seek re-election in 2014 is prompting widespread speculation about the status of Rep. Young’s health.
Currently, Young is at Walter Reed Hospital undergoing treatment for a debilitating back injury. However, dozens of reporters and political observers from Tampa Bay to Washington D.C., are privately speculating that Young may be suffering from more than a back injury. Those following the situation are attempting to glean any information about Young’s condition, despite Young’s family and closest advisers, including Harry Glenn and David Jolly, not speaking on the record about the status of Young’s health beyond Glenn’s comment that, ”He is still there (Walter Reed) and continuing to receive treatment.” (Per Alex Leary of the Tampa Bay Times.)
Politics, like nature, abhors a vacuum. And the relative silence from Young’s circle is only serving to fuel the rampant speculation about Young’s status.
For my part, I am praying for Congressman Young’s health, regardless of its status. Please join me in praying that all he is suffering from is a back injury.