- Scott administration pushes back against Times/Herald jobs investigationPosted 3 hours ago
- But what about the rest of St. Pete?Posted 5 hours ago
- Alex Sink claims Obama “failed us” with rollout of Affordable Care ActPosted 6 hours ago
- Website problems continue to plague Florida unemployed during the holidaysPosted 6 hours ago
- The campaign trail may not be the best place for Beverly or Bill Young, Jr.Posted 7 hours ago
- Adam Hollingsworth the latest vetting foul for Rick Scott’s administrationPosted 8 hours ago
Democratic elites to show Charlie Crist love at Sept. 29 fundraiser in Miami
In yet another sign of the outpouring of love the Florida Democratic Party has for former Republican Charlie Crist, party chair Allison Tant will host a champagne brunch headlining the once (and possibly future) gubernatorial candidate next week.
Crist will be the “special guest” at the September 29 event, reports Anthony Mann in the Sun Sentinel. The brunch is at the Miami home of Joe Falk, who with partner Mark Scott was major fundraisers for the Obama campaign in 2012.
With the recent announcement by former Florida CFO Alex Sink that she would not seek the governor’s office in 2014, the pressure is on for Crist to announce his intentions for next year.
Mann writes, “It’s not exactly a secret” that many in the Democratic Party establishment are pining to for Crist “to ride in and save the party by seeking to regain his old office in his new party.”