- Lizbeth Benacquisto calls raising decades-old issue “desperate”Posted 9 hours ago
- Election eve poll gives Alex Sink narrow 3-point lead in #CD13 racePosted 10 hours ago
- Perry Thurston nets nearly $100K for AG racePosted 10 hours ago
- What happened to the $500K contribution from Florida Crystals to “Let’s Get To Work”?Posted 10 hours ago
- Belleair’s Daniel Doyle Jr. appointed to the state university system’s board of governorsPosted 10 hours ago
- Whoa — Brad Drake raises more than $111K for return bid to Florida HousePosted 11 hours ago
Florida Democrats fundraising off prospect of Allen West as Rick Scott’s LG
The Florida Democratic Party have sent an email fundraising solicitation hoping to raise money off the prospect of Allen West being asked to replace Jennifer Carroll as Rick Scott’s lieutenant governor.
Scott told AM Tampa Bay on WFLA radio Friday that he believes West would be a good pick.
Scott has indicated he will name Carroll’s successor soon, and had planned to wait until after the state Legislature adjourned last week.
While Scott said that he had not settled on a pick for lieutenant governor, but then praised West, saying that the former congressman “is a great American and a great patriot … he’d be a great lieutenant governor.”
Here is the text of the Democrats’ fundraising appeal:
Get this – after his first pick for Lieutenant Governor resigned in disgrace, Rick Scott is searching for a replacement and as luck would have it, former Congressman Allen West is on the job hunt.
Floridians already fired West for his extreme views on pretty much everything. Remember when he told Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz, “You are not a lady,” or when he called 80 members of Congress communists?
I guess it shouldn’t surprise me (yet it still did) that Rick Scott said he thinks West would “be a great Lieutenant Governor.” But they’re two peas in a Tea Party pod.
Will you pitch in today? I need your help keep Rick Scott from hiring Allen West. It’s time to send both of them packing for good.