- Stewart to host Obamacare enrollment fair in Downtown OrlandoPosted 7 hours ago
- DeSantis slams Obama,Castro handshake at Mandela memorial servicePosted 7 hours ago
- Why Adam Hollingsworth likely isn’t going anywherePosted 11 hours ago
- Email Insight: How do you spell UCF’s Millican Hall, Joe Saunders?Posted 11 hours ago
- Beverly Young was taken to emergency room Monday nightPosted 12 hours ago
- Jabil Circuit’s Tim and Donna Main hosting fundraiser for Charlie Crist on December 22Posted 13 hours ago
Former Crist spox Andrea Saul named new communications director for Lean In
Andrea Saul, former press secretary to presidential candidate Mitt Romney and communications director to Florida Gov. Charlie Crist, is setting on a new course as leadership with Facebook’s COO Sheryl Sandberg in the role of communications director for Sandberg’s Lean In project.
“Andrea is joining us to run Communications and help reach women – and men – so that we can all work together towards a more equal world,” Sandberg posted on her Facebook page.
This is not the first time the Sandberg and Saul have intersected.
In 2011, within the same week that Saul was campaigning for GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney in Los Angeles, Sandberg was hosting President Obama at her home for a $38,500 per person Bay Area fundraiser.
And in 2012, Sandberg and Saul were listed on The Hill’s “25 Women to Watch” feature, which identified them both as “natural leaders, inspirational figures, or gutsy risk-takers.”
Saul served on Sen. John McCain’s communications team during the 2008 presidential election, and joined Mitt Romney’s Free & Strong America PAC in 2011. She grew up in Dalton, Georgia, and studied communications and Spanish at Vanderbilt University. After graduation she worked for NBC during the 2004 Olympics in Athens and then moved to Washington, DC, where she worked with public relations firm DCI Group.