- FBA “Bank on My Dream” contest to help Floridians realize dreamsPosted 9 hours ago
- Obama: 8 million sign up for health care through exchanges, 1 in 3 are under the age of 35Posted 9 hours ago
- Sen. Negron says he won’t agenda in-statue tuition for undoc. students; bill now on life supportPosted 10 hours ago
- Wilton Simpson qualifies for SD 18 ballot with 3,331 petition signaturesPosted 11 hours ago
- Lakeland wants Uber, tooPosted 12 hours ago
- Florida TaxWatch examines the big differences in House, Senate budget plansPosted 12 hours ago
Get your checkbooks ready for a slew of legislative fundraisers on Monday
Get your checkbooks ready, PAC chairs and Tallahassee uber-lobbyists, there are nearly a dozen fundraisers for legislative candidates planned for Monday, the last day lawmakers can raise money before session.
The day kicks-off with a reception at 11:30 a.m. for Charles Van Zant hosted by the Florida Retail Federation (227 South Adams Street). There is also a luncheon reception for Marlene O’Toole beginning at noon in the Governors Board Room of the Governors Club. A fundraising luncheon for John Thrasher is planned for 11:30 a.m. at the Governors Club. Also, Anitere Flores has a high noon fundraiser set for the Board Room of the Governors Club, while Greg Evers will be raising money in the Library Room.
The evening’s festivities begin with a reception for Representative Manny Diaz, Jr., starting at 4:30 p.m. The function is hosted by Floridian Partners (108 South Monroe Street).
Next up is a reception for Jim Boyd, Larry Ahern and Ray Pilon at 5:00 p.m., in the Governors Board Room of the GC. At the same time, in the B.C. Room, there is a reception for Representatives Heather Fitzenhagen, Neil Combee, Jake Raburn and Dan Raulerson
Also at 5:00 p.m. is a reception for Dennis Baxley and Dennix Broxson at the Florida Retail Federation and an event for Jamie Grant at the Board Room of the Governors Inn (209 South Adams Street).
Three former State Represenatives looking to make their way back – Scott Plakon, Eric Eisnaugle and Brad Drake — have a reception at 5:00 p.m. in the Capital Room of the Governors Club.
And if you are on your way to Associated Industries pre-session soiree, stop by the reception for Frank Artiles, Matt Caldwell, Manny Diaz, Jr., Travis Cummings, Jose Oliva and Ray Rodrigues at 7:00 p.m., at 510 North Adams Street, which right next to AIF.