- Latest poll of CD 19 special election: Clawson 38%, Benacquisto 19%, Dreikorn 18%, Kreegel 17%Posted 16 hours ago
- Risky business: Research could improve understanding of risky behavior, addictionPosted 17 hours ago
- Florida celebrates Earth Day with weeklong roster of environmental eventsPosted 18 hours ago
- Here is the Final Four of TallyMadness 2014Posted 1 day ago
- Michelle Bachmann endorses Curt Clawson in CD 19 primaryPosted 1 day ago
- Surge of eleventh-hour enrollments improves chances of success of President Obama’s health care programPosted 1 day ago
Halifax Media Group to buy 3 small Florida papers
Daytona Beach-based Halifax Media Group is set to buy the Daily Commercial of Leesburg, the News-Sun of Sebring and the South Lake Press of Clermont.
The small Florida newspapers are currently owned by HarborPoint Media. Halifax announced Wednesday that it has agreed to acquire the assets of HarborPoint, with the deal set to close Sept. 30.
HarborPoint director Russell Denson says Halifax will be a good home for HarborPoint’s employees and newspapers. He says Halifax brings additional resources and capabilities to expand and enhance the newspapers’ service to their readers, advertisers and communities.
Halifax was founded in 2010 when a group of investors bought The Daytona Beach News-Journal. The group has since grown to 33 newspapers and affiliated websites, published in five states in the Southeast.
Via The Associated Press.