- HD 38 hopeful Danny Burgess gets endorsement from Sen. John LeggPosted 10 mins ago
- Is the glass half-empty or half-full for Charlie Crist’s fundraisingPosted 32 mins ago
- Garrett Richter gives lawmakers 50/50 chance of passing gambling reformPosted 51 mins ago
- Randy Glisson raises 11k in House 31 November money chasePosted 1 hour ago
- Karen Castor-Dentel leads quiet month of fundraising in Florida House 30 racePosted 1 hour ago
- Gov. Scott announces interim DCF Secretary Jacobo staying through legislative sessionPosted 1 hour ago
‘I Heart Teachers,’ says Gov. Scott; will seek $1.2 billion more for schools
Governor Rick Scott said Wednesday he will propose an increase of $1.2 billion in the K-12 education budget, a roughly $400 per student increase.
“We are in a position to invest,” Scott said during a morning address to newspaper editors at the Capitol.