- A ban on loud movie theaters?Posted 3 hours ago
- Controversy marks Newsweek’s returnPosted 4 hours ago
- House committee files bill to keep currently operating trauma centers openPosted 5 hours ago
- The day that was in the CD 13 special electionPosted 5 hours ago
- Eckerd names former Maryland legislator new Chief Development OfficerPosted 18 hours ago
- As election approaches, David Jolly holds discussion on veterans’ issuesPosted 19 hours ago
Jessica Ehrlich launches new fundraising website for congressional campaign
St. Petersburg attorney Jessica Ehrlich, in her campaign for the newly open House seat held by retiring U.S. Rep. C.W. Bill Young has now launched a new fundraising website at www.jessicaforflorida.com.
Right now, the only active section of the site is a sign up page, containing links to share on social media — as well as a donations link.
In April, the St. Petersburg native began her second attempt to win Florida’s 13th Congressional District. In 2012, Ehrlich ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, eventually losing to Young in the general election by 15 points.
With Young’s retirement, the race opened up for a credible Democratic victory, although no Republican has yet announced entering the 2014 race.
“I understand the challenges facing middle class families here in Pinellas County,” Ehrlich’s website says.
“After almost fifty years, it is time that we have new ideas and energy representing us in Washington,” Ehrlich adds. “That’s why I am running for Congress in Florida’s 13th District.”
In an email announcing the site launch, Ehrlich asks supporters to help by making phone calls, follow her during the campaign for photos and video, and possibly hold house parties so “friends and neighbors can meet Jessica for themselves.”
“You drive this people-powered campaign, and we can’t do it without you!” the email concludes.