- St. Pete Polls had it mostly right about CD 19, but PPP polls nailed Curt Clawson’s winPosted 35 mins ago
- St. Pete residents invited to comment on proposed FY15 budgetPosted 1 hour ago
- Wednesday’s legislative agenda: speed limits, e-cigarettes, marriage licenses and the “Pop Tart” billPosted 2 hours ago
- Another request for rehearing regarding Florida PIP insurance deniedPosted 2 hours ago
- Florida Supreme Court refuses to hear PIP law challengePosted 2 hours ago
- Sunburn for 4/23 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politicsPosted 2 hours ago
Jessica Ehrlich launches new fundraising website for congressional campaign
St. Petersburg attorney Jessica Ehrlich, in her campaign for the newly open House seat held by retiring U.S. Rep. C.W. Bill Young has now launched a new fundraising website at www.jessicaforflorida.com.
Right now, the only active section of the site is a sign up page, containing links to share on social media — as well as a donations link.
In April, the St. Petersburg native began her second attempt to win Florida’s 13th Congressional District. In 2012, Ehrlich ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, eventually losing to Young in the general election by 15 points.
With Young’s retirement, the race opened up for a credible Democratic victory, although no Republican has yet announced entering the 2014 race.
“I understand the challenges facing middle class families here in Pinellas County,” Ehrlich’s website says.
“After almost fifty years, it is time that we have new ideas and energy representing us in Washington,” Ehrlich adds. “That’s why I am running for Congress in Florida’s 13th District.”
In an email announcing the site launch, Ehrlich asks supporters to help by making phone calls, follow her during the campaign for photos and video, and possibly hold house parties so “friends and neighbors can meet Jessica for themselves.”
“You drive this people-powered campaign, and we can’t do it without you!” the email concludes.