- Curt Clawson renews Three-Point Challenge to ObamaPosted 3 hours ago
- Orlando-Orange expressway authority members face grand jury on public records probePosted 4 hours ago
- Stadium funding issue could be derailed by Gaetz-Diaz amendmentPosted 4 hours ago
- Waiting for the day when a Spanish-language website isn’t a big deal…Posted 5 hours ago
- Looks like it’s time to restart the ‘Will Bill Nelson run for governor?’ chatterPosted 6 hours ago
- Health battles loom in HousePosted 6 hours ago
Jim Greer promises upcoming trial will be ‘Shakespearean play where everyone dies in the end’
I try to keep posts about disgraced former Republican Party of Florida chairman Jim Greer to a minimum because, well, the guy is a scumbag (just fall on your sword already, buddy.) That said, Terence McCoy of the Miami New Times sat down with him “on the eve of quite possibly the most anticipated political corruption case in state history.”
The money quote from the interview has to be Greer’s promise of a bloodbath.
“It’s going to be a Shakespearean play where everyone dies in the end,” he predicts. “It won’t be good for anybody. People need to know what goes on behind the curtain in the Republican Party, and before the Republicans tried to destroy me, they should have thought about what the consequences were going to be.”
“These trials are always embarrassing,” says Susan MacManus, a political science professor at the University of South Florida. “The question is, how much of this is sour grapes?”
There’s little doubt, though, the already troubled party, which dominates the Legislature but has lost the past two presidential elections, will take a PR drubbing. “This trial will continue to show that nothing has come from Republicans and there’s no reason for them to keep power,” Greer says. “The people need to know what the Republican Party is. It’s dysfunctional.”
If you can stomach reading about Greer, continuing doing so here.