- Lizbeth Benacquisto calls raising decades-old issue “desperate”Posted 4 hours ago
- Election eve poll gives Alex Sink narrow 3-point lead in #CD13 racePosted 5 hours ago
- Perry Thurston nets nearly $100K for AG racePosted 5 hours ago
- What happened to the $500K contribution from Florida Crystals to “Let’s Get To Work”?Posted 6 hours ago
- Belleair’s Daniel Doyle Jr. appointed to the state university system’s board of governorsPosted 6 hours ago
- Whoa — Brad Drake raises more than $111K for return bid to Florida HousePosted 7 hours ago
Keep in mind, Rick Kriseman is currently polling at 8% versus Bill Foster
As Saint Petersburg’s progressive community waits with baited breath for Rick Kriseman to officially file his paperwork today to run for Mayor, it’s important to keep in mind that he is currently polling at eight percent versus Bill Foster.
Foster commands 32% of the vote in a four-way poll of possible mayoral contenders. Next is Kathleen Ford with 18%, followed by Kriseman at 9% and local businessman and former mayoral candidate Scott Wagman at 6%. Thirty-seven percent of those polls said they were undecided.
St. Petersburg voters don’t have much of an opinion of Kriseman, whom 70% of respondents say the did not know. In fact, if there is one takeaway regarding Kriseman to be had in these numbers, it’s concern with how low in the polls he is versus Foster and Ford. He would have to overcome one of them to make it into the general election — a tall order considering how far behind he may start off.
The poll was conducted on December 17 with 1,916 automated respondents. The margin of error is +/- 2.2%.