- Jabil Circuit’s Tim and Donna Main hosting fundraiser for Charlie Crist on December 22Posted 33 mins ago
- Soto wants state to investigate alleged abuse at privately ran juvenile facilitiesPosted 41 mins ago
- Jay Trumbull outpaces crowded HD 6 field with $30K raised in NovemberPosted 48 mins ago
- Direct mail round-up: Florida GOP attacks Alex Sink, while Pinellas sheriff goes to bat for Kathleen PetersPosted 2 hours ago
- HD 38 hopeful Danny Burgess gets endorsement from Sen. John LeggPosted 3 hours ago
- Is the glass half-empty or half-full for Charlie Crist’s fundraisingPosted 3 hours ago
Marco Rubio ditched Ted Cruz speech for fundraiser
Sen. Marco Rubio left Sen. Ted Cruz’s hours-long Senate speech against Obamacare Tuesday to attend a fundraiser for Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad, according to the Democratic super PAC American Bridge 21st Century.
After speaking on the Senate floor, and noting that Cruz “may be here all night,” Rubio abandoned the anti-Obamacare marathon for a fundraising reception at the Capitol Hill Club in Washington.
Rubio was joined by former Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour at the fundraiser. Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and Sen. Rand Paul cancelled last-minute.
After Rubio completed his roughly 15-minute Senate speech, Cruz thanked him, saying, “You inspire me.”