- Latest poll of CD 19 special election: Clawson 38%, Benacquisto 19%, Dreikorn 18%, Kreegel 17%Posted 19 hours ago
- Risky business: Research could improve understanding of risky behavior, addictionPosted 20 hours ago
- Florida celebrates Earth Day with weeklong roster of environmental eventsPosted 20 hours ago
- Here is the Final Four of TallyMadness 2014Posted 1 day ago
- Michelle Bachmann endorses Curt Clawson in CD 19 primaryPosted 1 day ago
- Surge of eleventh-hour enrollments improves chances of success of President Obama’s health care programPosted 1 day ago
Personnel note: Sachs Media Group promotes Jon Peck to VP of Public Relations
Sachs Media Group today announced that veteran communications professional Jon Peck has been promoted to the new position of Vice President of Public Relations. Peck will help direct the activities of the firm’s award-winning public relations team on behalf of its extensive roster of clients.
A former gubernatorial press secretary, Peck joined Sachs Media (then Ron Sachs Communications) in January 2012 as a senior account manager, working with local, state and national clients, following more than three decades as a journalist and senior-level communications director.
“Jon Peck is one of the most accomplished communicators in Florida and his leadership is a great asset to our team,” said Ron Sachs, CEO of Sachs Media Group. “As more new business challenges flow to our firm, Jon will play a major role in helping us address them creatively and aggressively.”
In just 15 months at Sachs Media, Peck has been honored repeatedly by his peers. He has received two Image Awards, two Awards of Distinction and a Judges Award from the Capital Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association, and helped design a piece of collateral material that won a Silver ADDY award from the American Advertising Federation-Tallahassee.
Peck spent more than eight years in daily print journalism before embarking on an award-winning 26-year career in state government, highlighted by his service as press secretary to Governor Bob Martinez. He served at the top levels in executive agencies under six different governors and two attorneys general. Before joining Sachs Media, Peck served as chief spokesman for state agencies including the Department of Community Affairs, Department of Elder Affairs, Division of Emergency Management and Florida Commission on Human Relations.
During his journalism career, Peck reported on government, politics and the legal system for the Tampa Times, Florida Freedom Newspapers, United Press International and South Florida Sun Sentinel.