- Webster votes against Ryan budget deal, country in “Crisis of excessive spending”Posted 7 hours ago
- Senate Prez Gaetz echoes Speaker Weatherford’s openness to significant gaming legislationPosted 7 hours ago
- John Mica votes “Yes” on budget deal, says it will save thousands of Florida jobsPosted 8 hours ago
- Rep. Steve Southerland’s “franking” is downright ridiculousPosted 8 hours ago
- SaintPetesBlog resigns from Florida Press Association, citing objections from membersPosted 8 hours ago
- Ron DeSantis votes “No” on budget deal, doubts future cutsPosted 8 hours ago
“Race-selective”, “sex-selective” abortions targeted by House bill
Legislation filed Monday in the House would ban “sex-selective” and “race-selective” abortions. The bill (HB 845), filed by Representative Charles Van Zant includes a whereas clause that contends that “experts have demonstrated that the sex-selection industry is on the rise and predict that it will continue to be a growing trend in the United States.” The measure’s purpose, according to the bill, is “to protect unborn children from prenatal discrimination in the form of being subjected to an abortion based on the child’s sex or race by prohibiting sex-selection or race-selection abortions.” The measure doesn’t have a Senate companion bill.
Via the News Service of Florida.