- Compilation of reactions to the death of Nelson Mandela by Florida’s politiciansPosted 11 hours ago
- Email Insights: “Ripped from the Headlines” in the medical marijuana sagaPosted 13 hours ago
- Pundits, pollsters and professors to talk the big issues of 2014Posted 13 hours ago
- Rick Baker, Beverly Young, and CD 14 featured in CD 13 candidate David Jolly’s new TV adPosted 16 hours ago
- New study: Floridians driving less even as economy improvesPosted 16 hours ago
- State Attorney Mark Ober endorses Hillsborough Circuit Court hopeful Michael SciontiPosted 17 hours ago
Rick Kriseman campaign planning major fundraiser for October 12
A group of Pinellas County beach community leaders will honor Rick Kriseman atin a fundraising reception Saturday, October 12.
The St. Petersburg Mayoral candidate will meet and greet friends and supporters at the Daiquiri Shak Madeira Beach 14995 Gulf Blvd. on Madeira Beach. The event will be from 2-4 p.m.
Scheduled to attend the beachside event will be:
- Pinellas County Commissioner Charlie Justice
- Belleair Beach City Council Wanda Scherer
- Belleair Bluffs City Commissioner Joe Barkley
- Former Treasure Island City Commissioner Gail Caildwell
- Rick Boylan, Vice Chair Democratic Party of Florida
- Mary Lou Ambrose
- Mark Hanisee
- Susan McGrath
- Rich Piper
- Ramsay and Judithanne MacLauchlan
The former state House representative and City Council member recently received endorsements from five of eight sitting St. Petersburg City Council members: Leslie Curran, Jeff Danner, Charlie Gerdes, Steve Kornell and Karl Nurse. He also has the support of the Tampa Bay Times, Equality Florida, the Stonewall Democrats of Pinellas County and the West Central Florida Federation of Labor (AFL-CIO)
There is a $35 suggested guest contribution for the event. To RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tom Alte at (217) 257-6998.