- Mason-Dixon poll puts Rick Scott and Charlie Crist in dead heatPosted 2 hours ago
- Dems in Nan Rich’s home county vote “no” on debate with Charlie CristPosted 2 hours ago
- Lizbeth Benacquisto to resume SD 30 re-election effortPosted 3 hours ago
- Jeff Brandes responds to criticism from Janet Long over Greenlight Pinellas probePosted 3 hours ago
- Consumer advocates make sure ticket-sale regulation stays dead in 2014Posted 3 hours ago
- House poised to ok changes to state pension systemPosted 5 hours ago
Rick Kriseman campaign planning major fundraiser for October 12
A group of Pinellas County beach community leaders will honor Rick Kriseman atin a fundraising reception Saturday, October 12.
The St. Petersburg Mayoral candidate will meet and greet friends and supporters at the Daiquiri Shak Madeira Beach 14995 Gulf Blvd. on Madeira Beach. The event will be from 2-4 p.m.
Scheduled to attend the beachside event will be:
- Pinellas County Commissioner Charlie Justice
- Belleair Beach City Council Wanda Scherer
- Belleair Bluffs City Commissioner Joe Barkley
- Former Treasure Island City Commissioner Gail Caildwell
- Rick Boylan, Vice Chair Democratic Party of Florida
- Mary Lou Ambrose
- Mark Hanisee
- Susan McGrath
- Rich Piper
- Ramsay and Judithanne MacLauchlan
The former state House representative and City Council member recently received endorsements from five of eight sitting St. Petersburg City Council members: Leslie Curran, Jeff Danner, Charlie Gerdes, Steve Kornell and Karl Nurse. He also has the support of the Tampa Bay Times, Equality Florida, the Stonewall Democrats of Pinellas County and the West Central Florida Federation of Labor (AFL-CIO)
There is a $35 suggested guest contribution for the event. To RSVP, email email@example.com or call Tom Alte at (217) 257-6998.