- Lee County state Reps. endorse Lizbeth Benacquisto in CD 19Posted 1 hour ago
- Today on Context Florida: Veteran paradise, CPAC takeaways, Rubio love and stonewalled Medicaid expansionPosted 2 hours ago
- Rick Scott can’t even tell the truth about writing a bookPosted 4 hours ago
- Pinellas Park to choose new city councilmember todayPosted 4 hours ago
- St. Pete Beach to decide on a new mayor TuesdayPosted 4 hours ago
- Beyond CD13: Other municipal elections on the ballot todayPosted 5 hours ago
Rick Kriseman campaign planning major fundraiser for October 12
A group of Pinellas County beach community leaders will honor Rick Kriseman atin a fundraising reception Saturday, October 12.
The St. Petersburg Mayoral candidate will meet and greet friends and supporters at the Daiquiri Shak Madeira Beach 14995 Gulf Blvd. on Madeira Beach. The event will be from 2-4 p.m.
Scheduled to attend the beachside event will be:
- Pinellas County Commissioner Charlie Justice
- Belleair Beach City Council Wanda Scherer
- Belleair Bluffs City Commissioner Joe Barkley
- Former Treasure Island City Commissioner Gail Caildwell
- Rick Boylan, Vice Chair Democratic Party of Florida
- Mary Lou Ambrose
- Mark Hanisee
- Susan McGrath
- Rich Piper
- Ramsay and Judithanne MacLauchlan
The former state House representative and City Council member recently received endorsements from five of eight sitting St. Petersburg City Council members: Leslie Curran, Jeff Danner, Charlie Gerdes, Steve Kornell and Karl Nurse. He also has the support of the Tampa Bay Times, Equality Florida, the Stonewall Democrats of Pinellas County and the West Central Florida Federation of Labor (AFL-CIO)
There is a $35 suggested guest contribution for the event. To RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tom Alte at (217) 257-6998.