- Beyond CD13: Other municipal elections on the ballot todayPosted 17 mins ago
- Live-blogging Election Day in CD 13Posted 2 hours ago
- Sunburn for 3/11 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politicsPosted 2 hours ago
- Lauren’s Kids launches fifth annual “Walk in My Shoes” event todayPosted 2 hours ago
- Two Clearwater City Council seats to be decided todayPosted 2 hours ago
- The legislative steamroller pushes on TuesdayPosted 3 hours ago
Rick Scott ‘working’ on selection of Lt. Gov.
After Jennifer Carroll abruptly resigned from the lieutenant governor post two months ago, Gov. Rick Scott said he would wait until after the legislative session to select a replacement.
A week after the session concluded, Scott says: “I’m working on that.”
In an interview broadcast Friday on WFLA radio (via the News Service of Florida) in Tampa Scott said he hadn’t made the pick just yet. “I’m going to find somebody that can do a great job and help make sure that we’re the number one state for job creation and the number one state to get an education,” Scott said. C
arroll, who resigned March 12 amid a gambling investigation into a non-profit for which she once did consulting work, has taken a leadership position with Folsom, Calif.-based Global Digital Solutions, which makes military ordnance and grenade launchers.
Asked about Allen West, a Republican from Palm Beach Gardens who lost his bid to remain in Congress last November, Scott replied “He’s a great American and a great patriot, and he’d be a great lieutenant governor.” Other names that have been frequently mentioned as possibilities include former Congresswoman Sandy Adams, Sen. Anitere Flores and Rep. Dana Young.