- GOP surge in CD 13 just got surgierPosted 26 mins ago
- A ban on loud movie theaters?Posted 6 hours ago
- Controversy marks Newsweek’s returnPosted 6 hours ago
- House committee files bill to keep currently operating trauma centers openPosted 7 hours ago
- The day that was in the CD 13 special electionPosted 8 hours ago
- Eckerd names former Maryland legislator new Chief Development OfficerPosted 21 hours ago
Saturday Night Live spoofs Marco Rubio’s water break
Saturday Night Live spoofed Sen. Marco Rubio’s now-infamous water sip during the Republican State of the Union response, with “Rubio” there to explain what happened.
“So what, my mouth got a little dry and I took a drink of water,” said Rubio, played by Taran Killam. “We’ve all been there. You’re about to give an important policy speech. You get a little nervous in the green room and you eat a whole bag of dry-roasted peanuts and some beef jerky. There are hot lights on you. The room isn’t ventilated.
“You’re wearing your lucky burlap unitard under your suit, so, you do what anyone would do: suddenly lunge to the side, all the while holding awkward eye contact with the camera, and then you take a drink from the tiniest bottle of water anyone’s ever seen and then for no reason you set the bottle down even farther away. So what? Let’s talk about policy,” he said.