- Stewart to host Obamacare enrollment fair in Downtown OrlandoPosted 4 hours ago
- DeSantis slams Obama,Castro handshake at Mandela memorial servicePosted 4 hours ago
- Why Adam Hollingsworth likely isn’t going anywherePosted 8 hours ago
- Email Insight: How do you spell UCF’s Millican Hall, Joe Saunders?Posted 8 hours ago
- Beverly Young was taken to emergency room Monday nightPosted 8 hours ago
- Jabil Circuit’s Tim and Donna Main hosting fundraiser for Charlie Crist on December 22Posted 9 hours ago
Saturday Night Live spoofs Marco Rubio’s water break
Saturday Night Live spoofed Sen. Marco Rubio’s now-infamous water sip during the Republican State of the Union response, with “Rubio” there to explain what happened.
“So what, my mouth got a little dry and I took a drink of water,” said Rubio, played by Taran Killam. “We’ve all been there. You’re about to give an important policy speech. You get a little nervous in the green room and you eat a whole bag of dry-roasted peanuts and some beef jerky. There are hot lights on you. The room isn’t ventilated.
“You’re wearing your lucky burlap unitard under your suit, so, you do what anyone would do: suddenly lunge to the side, all the while holding awkward eye contact with the camera, and then you take a drink from the tiniest bottle of water anyone’s ever seen and then for no reason you set the bottle down even farther away. So what? Let’s talk about policy,” he said.