- Dems, GOP test fall strategy in CD 13 racePosted 1 min ago
- Gary Swoope talks “team effort” key to Florida economic developmentPosted 31 mins ago
- FSU supports in-state tuition for undocumented immigrantsPosted 35 mins ago
- Sen. Latvala’s elections bill draws ire, praise from DemocratsPosted 40 mins ago
- Why May could be Charlie Crist’s best month for fundraisingPosted 11 hours ago
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts ScottPosted 18 hours ago
Scratch two: County Commissioner John Morroni says he’s not running for Bill Young’s seat
Just moments after I posted a note on Facebook about State Senator Jeff Brandes stating he will not seek to replace Bill Young in the U.S. Congress, popular Pinellas County Commissioner John Morroni made his own declaration on my page.
“Please add me to the list of people not running for Congressman’s Young’s seat,” writes Morroni. “That was an interest I had before I was diagnosed with Cancer the second time. It will be hard to find someone who can fill those shoes.”
Well, that’s two major Republicans who have announced they will not be running for Young’s seat. Anyone else want to declare their intentions today? Mayor Baker? Senator Latvala?