- Sunburn for 4/24 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politicsPosted 49 mins ago
- Appeals court supports ATS role in issuing red-light camera violationsPosted 1 hour ago
- Adam Putnam launches multi-agency campaign to get Floridians to eat healthierPosted 1 hour ago
- House and Senate close on some budget items, far apart on othersPosted 2 hours ago
- High-profile bills part of “horse trading” frenzy between House and SenatePosted 2 hours ago
- Email Insights: Rick Scott won’t win popularity contests with latest public records dodgePosted 17 hours ago
Scratch two: County Commissioner John Morroni says he’s not running for Bill Young’s seat
Just moments after I posted a note on Facebook about State Senator Jeff Brandes stating he will not seek to replace Bill Young in the U.S. Congress, popular Pinellas County Commissioner John Morroni made his own declaration on my page.
“Please add me to the list of people not running for Congressman’s Young’s seat,” writes Morroni. “That was an interest I had before I was diagnosed with Cancer the second time. It will be hard to find someone who can fill those shoes.”
Well, that’s two major Republicans who have announced they will not be running for Young’s seat. Anyone else want to declare their intentions today? Mayor Baker? Senator Latvala?