- Sen. Hukill’s bill to term limit poet laureate passes first committeePosted 4 mins ago
- Today on Context Florida: Missing uncles, living wages, Union monuments, and homegrown heroesPosted 38 mins ago
- Jack Latvala pursues his white whale, will file “residency” billPosted 57 mins ago
- How did Latvala vs. Negron detract from Gardiner’s designation?Posted 2 hours ago
- Sunburn for 12/11 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politicsPosted 3 hours ago
- How is the latest revelation about Adam Hollingsworth not a killshot?Posted 14 hours ago
Scratch two: County Commissioner John Morroni says he’s not running for Bill Young’s seat
Just moments after I posted a note on Facebook about State Senator Jeff Brandes stating he will not seek to replace Bill Young in the U.S. Congress, popular Pinellas County Commissioner John Morroni made his own declaration on my page.
“Please add me to the list of people not running for Congressman’s Young’s seat,” writes Morroni. “That was an interest I had before I was diagnosed with Cancer the second time. It will be hard to find someone who can fill those shoes.”
Well, that’s two major Republicans who have announced they will not be running for Young’s seat. Anyone else want to declare their intentions today? Mayor Baker? Senator Latvala?