- What the Tampa Bay Times didn’t tell us about Trauma CarePosted 56 mins ago
- Gov. Scott pledges to sign quickly the Florida GI BillPosted 1 hour ago
- Microsoft to offer Xbox Live data for targeted political adsPosted 2 hours ago
- Email Insights: Curt Clawson forgets Lizbeth Benacquisto has a job – in TallahasseePosted 3 hours ago
- Jeff Brandes’ private flood insurance bill heads to Senate floorPosted 3 hours ago
- Today on Context Florida: Jeb Bush & CD 13, payday loans, kid’s music and the definition of nakedPosted 3 hours ago
Scratch two: County Commissioner John Morroni says he’s not running for Bill Young’s seat
Just moments after I posted a note on Facebook about State Senator Jeff Brandes stating he will not seek to replace Bill Young in the U.S. Congress, popular Pinellas County Commissioner John Morroni made his own declaration on my page.
“Please add me to the list of people not running for Congressman’s Young’s seat,” writes Morroni. “That was an interest I had before I was diagnosed with Cancer the second time. It will be hard to find someone who can fill those shoes.”
Well, that’s two major Republicans who have announced they will not be running for Young’s seat. Anyone else want to declare their intentions today? Mayor Baker? Senator Latvala?