- Meet Meghan Meehan-Draper – one of the “30 under 30″ rising stars of Florida politicsPosted 1 hour ago
- Meet Chris Sprowls – one of the “30 under 30″ rising stars in Florida politicsPosted 2 hours ago
- HD 35 candidate Blaise Ingoglia fundraiser set for June 3Posted 2 hours ago
- Florida ranks 23rd in electing women to Legislature–but what does that really mean?Posted 2 hours ago
- Survey reveals Floridians conflicted about immigrants, related policiesPosted 3 hours ago
- A doubly historic year for the Florida Holocaust Museum with awarding of state fundsPosted 3 hours ago
Ten things Disney-backed 'No Casinos' group is thankful for…
Cute, smart missive from Disney-backed No Casinos: With Thanksgiving upon us, we
- Posted 547 days ago
Gambling interests spend millions on lobbying
Lilly Rockwell of the News Service of Florida reports that the only winners so far in the effort to allow luxury resort casinos in South Florida, which has widespread implications for every form of gambling in the...
- Posted 548 days ago
Florida Chamber rejected $25,000 membership check from Genting Group
Kenric Ward of the Sunshine State News has a doozy: In September, Jessica Hoppe, general counsel and vice president of government affairs for Genting’s Resorts World Miami, handed a $25,000 check to Allan Bense, then-chairman of the...
- Posted 552 days ago
Round-up of news coverage of 'destinations resort' legislation
In the first Senate hearing on a proposal to allow up to three luxury casinos in South Florida, executives from some of the biggest casino companies in the world told lawmakers their proposals would bring thousands of...
- Posted 553 days ago
'Destination resort' sponsors play defense
Lilly Rockwell of the News Service of Florida reports: In response to a growing chorus of opposition to the destination resorts casino bill, the lawmakers sponsoring the proposal spent an hour Thursday morning defending it to a...
- Posted 567 days ago
Takeaways from Tallahassee: The week that was in Florida politics
The Republican field for the U.S. Senate gained a well-known contender this week and lawmakers got their first glimpse of a controversial gambling measure that has already attracted the attention of casino fat cats and “The Mouse”...
- Posted 572 days ago