- Meet Samantha Bowden – one of the “30 under 30″ rising stars in Florida politicsPosted 32 mins ago
- Gov. Scott gets signatures from budget recipients on money-back pledgesPosted 33 mins ago
- Sen. Prez Don Gaetz does not lose his sh*t reacting to Scott’s signing of budget, vetoesPosted 41 mins ago
- Governor Rick Scott signs 2013-2014 budget, but vetoes steal the showPosted 1 hour ago
- Meet Dan Barrow – one of the “30 under 30″ rising stars in Florida politicsPosted 2 hours ago
- Scott bargains on hospital Medicaid funding, set to sign off on DRG transition fundsPosted 2 hours ago
Paging Lucy Morgan … Former judge Paul Hawkes signs first lobbying client since 'Taj Mahal' scandal
Reviewing the new lobbying registrations from last week, there is one entry which might merit special attention, especially from Tampa Bay Times reporter Lucy Morgan. Morgan might be interested to learn that former 1st District Court of...
- Posted 147 days ago
Takeaways from Tallahassee: The week that was in Florida politics
The occasional chill in the air — what passes for a chill in Tallahassee — sent signals that 2011 was drawing to an end. But with an early session slated for 2012 to deal with redistricting, lawmakers...
- Posted 548 days ago
Judge Paul Hawkes to step down from First District Court of Appeal
First District Court of Appeal Judge Paul Hawkes will step down Jan. 4, according to a resignation letter sent last week to Gov. Rick Scott, reports the News Service of Florida. Hawkes is resigning from the court...
- Posted 551 days ago
The week in Florida politics
Elections dominated the news this week as Democrats scored big in a typically red region of the state while combatants in South Florida ready for another mayoral race that may be affected by an election reform bill...
- Posted 729 days ago
Hawkes' attorney proclaims judge's innocence in JQC case
The attorney for First District Court of Appeals Judge Paul Hawkes issued a statement late Tuesday defending his client in the face of a scathing report from the Judicial Qualifications Commission, reports the News Service of Florida....
- Posted 733 days ago
Read here: Ruling from the Judicial Qualifications Commission finding probable cause to take action against 1st DCA Judge Paul Hawkes re: 'Taj Mahal'
The Judicial Qualifications Commission has found probable cause to take action against 1st District Court of Appeal Judge Paul Hawkes in relation to the DCA’s new courthouse. Developing…
- Posted 734 days ago