- FBA “Bank on My Dream” contest to help Floridians realize dreamsPosted 9 hours ago
- Obama: 8 million sign up for health care through exchanges, 1 in 3 are under the age of 35Posted 9 hours ago
- Sen. Negron says he won’t agenda in-statue tuition for undoc. students; bill now on life supportPosted 10 hours ago
- Wilton Simpson qualifies for SD 18 ballot with 3,331 petition signaturesPosted 11 hours ago
- Lakeland wants Uber, tooPosted 12 hours ago
- Florida TaxWatch examines the big differences in House, Senate budget plansPosted 12 hours ago
Will Charlie Crist launch his gubernatorial campaign on May 11?
Charlie Crist will headline a joint Kennedy-King Dinner for the Hillsborough and Pinellas Democratic Parties on May 11.
If Crist does intend to run for Governor and wishes to announces his intentions before the Summer (and before Alex Sink), what better time and place could there be for him to do so than at this event?
First of all, it will be on his home turf of Tampa Bay. He’ll know the elected officials, the big-time donors, and the local reporters. He’ll probably know the valet staff at the Tampa Convention Center, where the event will be held.
Second, Crist’s most loyal Democratic allies will be in attendance. Rep. Darryl Rouson will be there. County Commissioner Ken Welch will likely be there. Crist’s friends from DC, NYC and Miami can jet into Tampa International Airport. So many of Crist’s supporters will be there, all in one place.
Third, May 11 is after the 2013 Legislative Session concludes. Lord knows Charlie doesn’t like sharing the stage — or a news cycle — with anyone else, especially his former Republican colleagues in Tallahassee.
I am sure there other reasons why this platform is the ideal choice for Crist to make “The Announcement.”
Something tells me Charlie has had a plan all along…