- Whoa — Brad Drake raises more than $111K for return bid to Florida HousePosted 1 hour ago
- Rep. Matt Gaetz’ interesting comments on House gambling billPosted 1 hour ago
- David Jolly campaign tweaks ad to remove word “conservative” in final days of CD 13 racePosted 1 hour ago
- Florida remains “Spring Break King,” with record attendance in 2014Posted 1 hour ago
- AG Pam Bondi’s political committees report more than 95K haul in FebruaryPosted 2 hours ago
- “4th Floor Files” talks to Ron Book about Lauren’s Kids, Sine Die, and Olympic torchesPosted 3 hours ago
Will Charlie Crist launch his gubernatorial campaign on May 11?
Charlie Crist will headline a joint Kennedy-King Dinner for the Hillsborough and Pinellas Democratic Parties on May 11.
If Crist does intend to run for Governor and wishes to announces his intentions before the Summer (and before Alex Sink), what better time and place could there be for him to do so than at this event?
First of all, it will be on his home turf of Tampa Bay. He’ll know the elected officials, the big-time donors, and the local reporters. He’ll probably know the valet staff at the Tampa Convention Center, where the event will be held.
Second, Crist’s most loyal Democratic allies will be in attendance. Rep. Darryl Rouson will be there. County Commissioner Ken Welch will likely be there. Crist’s friends from DC, NYC and Miami can jet into Tampa International Airport. So many of Crist’s supporters will be there, all in one place.
Third, May 11 is after the 2013 Legislative Session concludes. Lord knows Charlie doesn’t like sharing the stage — or a news cycle — with anyone else, especially his former Republican colleagues in Tallahassee.
I am sure there other reasons why this platform is the ideal choice for Crist to make “The Announcement.”
Something tells me Charlie has had a plan all along…