- Beverly Young accuses Kathleen Peters of dirty politicsPosted 6 mins ago
- Cheers! Orlando approves early alcohol sales on SundayPosted 10 mins ago
- Bill Nelson leads Senate to act to keep plastic firearms off the streetPosted 19 mins ago
- Jeff Brandes visits Largo resident recieving Florida-funded home health carePosted 24 mins ago
- Disgraced former state representative Mike Horner registers as lobbyistPosted 3 hours ago
- Rick Scott’s “Let’s Get to Work” cmte approaches $20 mil raised during 2013Posted 4 hours ago
Will Charlie Crist launch his gubernatorial campaign on May 11?
Charlie Crist will headline a joint Kennedy-King Dinner for the Hillsborough and Pinellas Democratic Parties on May 11.
If Crist does intend to run for Governor and wishes to announces his intentions before the Summer (and before Alex Sink), what better time and place could there be for him to do so than at this event?
First of all, it will be on his home turf of Tampa Bay. He’ll know the elected officials, the big-time donors, and the local reporters. He’ll probably know the valet staff at the Tampa Convention Center, where the event will be held.
Second, Crist’s most loyal Democratic allies will be in attendance. Rep. Darryl Rouson will be there. County Commissioner Ken Welch will likely be there. Crist’s friends from DC, NYC and Miami can jet into Tampa International Airport. So many of Crist’s supporters will be there, all in one place.
Third, May 11 is after the 2013 Legislative Session concludes. Lord knows Charlie doesn’t like sharing the stage — or a news cycle — with anyone else, especially his former Republican colleagues in Tallahassee.
I am sure there other reasons why this platform is the ideal choice for Crist to make “The Announcement.”
Something tells me Charlie has had a plan all along…